Royalty Review Council is always looking for the best and the brightest professionals. We offer a unique opportunity to join a talented team delivering world-class financial services to the entertainment industry. If you consider yourself a royalty accounting specialist, software engineer or IT consulting expert, we encourage you to introduce yourself. We’re a fast-growing, financially-stable company that provides competitive compensation and substantial growth potential.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required for all candidates.
We invite you to submit your resume in Word, Adobe Acrobat, HTML or Text.
No phone calls please.
Southern California residents preferred. No relocation offered.
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES, CONTRACTORS OR OFFSHORE VENDORS PLEASE!
JOB#6011: Royalty Accountant
Royalty Review Council has an immediate opening for a Royalty Accountant, an ideal opportunity for an experienced royalty accountant from the entertainment industry, particularly with experience with Counterpoint Systems software (Record Maestro, Music Maestro, Maestro 400, or iMaestro).
- 2+ years of record label or music publishing administration experience in preparing royalty statements REQUIRED
- Solid math skills and the ability to think analytically
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, data validation, formulas)
- Experience working with Counterpoint Systems Record Maestro and/or Music Maestro a plus
- Accounting, Finance or Information Systems degree preferred
- Ability to work within deadlines, exercise good judgment, and maintain client confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Set up royalty rate terms and label copy information in royalty system
- Enter quarterly sales, costs, reserves and related data for clients in royalty system
- Review royalty statements for accuracy
- Research unknown song publisher shares
- Other music related projects
- Meet established guidelines and timelines with high quality results